The following features have been added in recent versions:
Fall 2011 Edition 2 October 2011
Remote Control Conferencing Technology
- Immediately conference in other people (e.g. support technicians, developers, etc.) into a support session and resolve matters right away. SOTI brings the world’s first such technology for the mobile platform, allowing an unlimited number of technicians to instantly join a MobiAssist session in progress to view and control the end user’s mobile device or desktop, saving time from transferring sessions and increasing first call resolution. Technicians in the shared session can also instantly show their own desktop screen and give mouse and keyboard control to other technicians if required.
- Connect to a remote device when no end-user is present. Unattended access allows desktop machines like servers to be accessed from anywhere, anytime, in seconds! Additional security is added by configuring a schedule when the machine can be remote controlled into.
RIM BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) Integration
- BES Administrators and support technicians can now directly view device information like Username, email, PIN, Phone Number, Carrier, Model, OS, and also instantly and securely remote control any BlackBerry in their BES/BESX without the end user initiating the connection.
BMC Remedy Integration
- Support technicians using BMC Remedy Service Desk can launch a secure, remote MobiAssist support session directly from a ticket and instantly being troubleshooting and resolving a problem on the first call. All the chat information and events performed, or files accessed during the remote support session are fully tracked and stored in the ticket, so they can easily be searched for within Remedy.
Advanced Technician Access Rights
- Start a support session in a chat only mode and then request the end user to allow remote control of their device for further troubleshooting only if required. Administrators have the flexibility to configure each support technician’s initial access when a MobiAssist session starts and also configure what features they can request from an end user. For example, a support technician may not get any File System access at all, or only get it if approved by the end user or just start off with it.
Custom Terms and Conditions
- Have end users accept a set of Terms and Conditions prior to starting any remote control session ensuring support technicians aren’t accessing devices without consent from the end user. Terms and Conditions can simply point to an existing URL if they are already defined, or can be configured directly in the web portal.
- Get visibility into your support operation. Administrators can now customize and schedule reports.
- Launch MobiAssist agent with parameters from your application!
Summer 2011 Edition 18 June 2011
Enhanced SOTI MobiAssist Web Portal
- The Administrator Web Portal has been redesigned to streamline frequently accessed features, enhance usability and provide more comprehensive information on past support sessions.
User Access Rights
- Administrators can now restrict Technician access (i.e. set permissions) based on skill level / corporate policy and prohibit Technician access to specific MobiAssist tools. For example, Level 1 Support Technicians cannot access an end-user's files through the File System tool or can only view the screen of a device and do nothing else.
Detailed Support Session History
- Support technicians can resolve problems faster by referencing summary information about similar past sessions (e.g. support sessions for other devices with the same OS version or model number) and then providing the same solution. Technicians can also view the entire session history for the specific device they are supporting at the time.
Session Termination Reasons
- Administrators can now create a list of common support status/resolutions for Technicians to select when ending a session. This helps Technicians save time from typing detailed resolutions of identified issues and enables tracking of problems the Helpdesk is facing.
- Initial connection time from the Technician Console to a device has been reduced by 60%.
- File transfer speed and interface have been improved so that the transferring of files is faster and now runs in the background (i.e. you can continue to use other remote control tools while a file transfer is in progress).
- Simplified the Technician console interface so buttons are easier to access.
- Fixed assorted minor issues with macros, proxy connections, file search and “Install as a Service” mode.
Ver 1.1 24 January 2011
- Companies can now distribute a custom agent link to their clients that would download the appropriate agent and connect to a hotline or PIN directly.
- No additional input required from the end user.
- Company administrators can now determine when if at all they would like their sessions to expire. If session expiration is set to 0 hours, the sessions will be available indefinitely. This allows devices to wake up after a prolonged sleep cycle and resume connection with the old session.
- New hotline sessions will change color in the Technician Console based on timeout values provided by the company's administrator. A change of color in the technician console attracts the attention of the technicians so the sessions can be handled promptly. Notification of a new hotline session can also be sent via email / SMS to ensure a prompt response.
- The highly popular SalesForce CRM tool now has a free SOTI App Exchange application which integrates SOTI MobiAssist with SalesForce! SalesForce users will be able to create a SOTI MobiAssist session directly from a case for their clients. This allows the support technician to remote control into any mobile device or desktop while supporting that end user out, resulting in faster resolution times and improved customer satisfaction through exceptional customer service.
- MobiAssist now supports multiple monitors. Technicians can now choose between showing both screens or choosing one screen to view. This improves responsiveness and ease of use for the technicians.
Peer to Peer connection
- If remote controlling a device on the same LAN as the technician console, MobiAssist will automatically establish a direct connection between the devices. When established, this reduces remote control latency as all traffic does not have to traverse the server on the cloud. Customers will see a significant performance improvement over LAN.
Create and manage hotlines
- Administrators can now create and manage their hotlines. Companies can create hotlines to fit their business needs, better track their customers and improve their level of customer service.
- MobiAssist now supports a variety of proxy scenarios as both the MobiAssist agent and technician console now attempt to connect over existing browser proxy settings if available for seamless connectivity.
- Several enhancements have been made to device information retrieval and display. Battery information is being reported for all portable devices, more session information is now available on the remote device and system information has been reorganized.
- Reporting has been significantly improved! Administrators can report on a variety of technician, queue and hotline options to better track performance and response time.
Remote Control Console
- To improve usability and ease of access, all functional tabs are visible on session launch.
Hard Reset bug resolved
- Some devices would only go through a soft reset when hard reset was selected. This bug has been resolved!